Achieving Accountability in the Workplace
Leadership Affects Everything!
1. Leadership behavior creates the culture or climate that employees experience at work every day.
2. Employee attitudes are affected by their perception of the culture or how they feel about coming to work.
3. Talented employees won't stay in what they perceive to be a negative culture.
4. Talented prospective employees won't choose to join an organization unless it has a reputation of being a great place to work.
5. Improving workforce performance is not possible without talented employees.
How employees feel about coming to work—their attitude—is primarily influenced by the workplace climate or culture. Many managers don't understand that it is their own behavior that creates the climate their team members experience. And climate, or culture, has a direct impact on business results.
There is no question about the importance of effective leadership, but with so much being invested in leadership training, why have we not seen the appropriate change in behavior and culture? There are two primary reasons . . . Read More